Thursday, March 24, 2016

Latest Video 'At Nashoba' On P. Waksman's Rock Piles Blog + Standing Stone Insight & Stone Site "Complexes"



Latest Video 'At Nashoba' On P. Waksman's Rock Piles Blog + Standing Stone Insight, & Stone Site "Complexes"

As I have stated earlier I am having trouble uploading pics from my older model LG cellphone  onto the computer.  (I refuse to use a newer technology; - newer technology= stronger exposure to radiation).  That is okay for me that I am not currently taking any kind of "inventory" of sites.  I only regret that I have much more that I could share that I am unable to at the current time.  Lack of new material to post on this region's stoneworks probably got me off topic and therefore posts about Australian history and stoneworks was looked into and shared, etc.

Given the content of this blog I probably shouldn't get too carried away and off topic like that going into the future.  Although it is very interesting that comparison of stone and earthwork sites across the globe from ancient times all bear remarkable resemblances.  I recently saw a documentary about old Polynesian sites such as on the Tahitian islands- the stone walls, terraces, enclosures, etc. could be compared to other places in the world, it astonished me how similar these stoneworks are even to stoneworks of Native origin in the American Northeast.  Even the Polynesian tiki's have the Algonquian counterpart in Stone Idols.  I believe I shared pics of such a stone idol in a post from last September or perhaps October.  Of course there are many differences about different cultural sites from across the world too, but the more I look into it this seems to be due more to the case of regional environmental factors more than anything else.  It seems that our human ancestors were stimulated by their environments and responded in like manners, such as the use of Standing Stones in high places marking sight lines and solar events.

Speaking of Standing Stones, the most concentrated cluster of pre-colonial Standing Stones I have come across is in Milford, MA.  I have only shared a fraction of my findings of these stones in this blog.  Most of these stones have been toppled over or are laying flat on the ground.  There are many dozens of these standing stones on several hillsides in Milford MA. alone and the perched and propped boulders, rocking stones etc. inter-play with these stones as well.  A couple posts back I also commented that some hills are more than just sacred hill-sides and are terraced out through stone and earthwork in a proto-typical pyramidal fashion.  Despite all the bad development in that area, affecting some of the hills themselves, if one "quiets and listens" and spends time at these sites this fact will naturally settle in (with the awareness of the Ceremonial Stone Landscape... hunters and other recreationists who use the land for other purposes will not be privy to the true nature of these hills... they will see powerlines, maybe a few trails, a "stupid rock" here and there, some of the modern quarry pits, etc.)  This is why I said in the other post that some sites are far greater and surpassing just a cluster of standing stones or a cairn field or two. 

Below is a short clip of senior Rock Piles researcher Peter Waksman looking at a stone pile site somewhere along Nashoba Brook in Acton and pointing out that buried underneath the leaves and top levels of soil, these rock piles have vast structural elements and in this case are most likely the ruins of a kind of complex.  Peter's research of this Nashoba Brook site gels very nicely with what I have been saying about some of these sites.  In other parts of the world this kind of research is cutting edge archaeology.  Yes, in some (perhaps many) cases these stones are ruins of greater complex structures that we just aren't "seeing."  The reason such sites go largely ignored, especially by professionals (who ultimately work for state and federal institutions), not just in the United States, but in other places such as Australia, is because these lands are occupied "territories" from a foreign country or government that imposed itself onto and annexed these lands and the people on them... that explanation will suffice for now although that is a big topic that could be it's own blog.  So here is Peter Waksman's latest video about rock piles at Nashoba Brook:


Despite some technical difficulties having no camera at the moment, this blog will remain active from time to time.

PS- the original subject matter of this post, which was to share a link of Peter Waksman's latest video, was gotten around to through the old way of discussing something.  Many points and issues  were made and addressed which inter-wove, circled and looped around to get to the original heart of the subject matter.  This is in stark contrast to how a typical modern person might look at an issue/ subject matter.  They have been trained, or rather programmed (including through the education system if you can believe it) to exhibit short attention spans and to make quick, snappy points.  I had an English teacher in Community College from Moraco who pointed out that the way I speak about things is in the old way, and that he would expect someone to speak the way I did to come from a traditional culture and that he was surprised to hear this.  I may have mentioned this on the blog before- I do have Native ancestry- basically on my mother's side the French Canadian and American Indian side mixed, on my father's side the Scottish and American Indian side mixed, and then throw on top of that some Swedish and English ancestry from the other family lines and here I am.  Also I am very right-brained dominant- the right brain controls the left eye, the left brain controls the right eye.  When I was younger my left side of the brain was switched off- my right eye was a lazy eye and I even had to wear a patch on my left eye even in elementary school.  You may have to google "Right Brain/ Left Brain dominant" to get what I am saying here- the right brain is the creative side, the side that artist's use, the left side is the logical side, the side that a business-man would use.  In my case I am right brain dominant.  Also, just like our Native ancestors I could not pronounce a European "R" and had to go see a teacher who gave me speech therapy.  Despite having the reading level of an eignth grader in second grade I was placed in special education.  As a young man in my early and mid twenties, working in a Produce Dept., hand-stacking fruits and veggies I also sought out "warrior spirit" or probably better termed in my case "inner strength" spirit.  I trained for and ran the 2009 Boston Marathon and finished all 26.2 miles in under 4 hours.  The training was tough but I did it- some days I would do a 15 mile training run in the morning and later go to work where I would be on my feet for 8 hours, lifting boxes, stacking, etc.  Also in 2009 my career as a martial artist began- I trained Taijiquan (Chen style, Yang style, Push Hands, Sword, qi-gong, nei-gong techniques, martial applications, etc.) from my teacher from Changsha, China from 2009- the summer of 2014 when the school closed.  I also trained Hua Quan (literally "China Fist") a branch of Longfist at another school from 2010-2014- again, there was a school closing although a school was still open in Worcester, but transportation became an unexpected issue, I had to take my car off the road.  I still train in these arts and excelled in the arts, learning the material, etc.  It would be nice to find more teachers of other styles/ branches though.  I do not approach these arts strictly for fighting, but to raise my spirit, inner strength, will, cultivate my abilities and talents, etc.  Even gaining better flexibility, posture and balance is a plus.  A drunk once approached me in a parking lot because I was training, he was a mixed martial arts practitioner, and challenged me.  I could not say no, because I have to honor and represent the styles/ whatever material that was transmitted to me through my teachers.  He tried to bash my face in with an over-head strike, paying attention to footwork I dodged just enough to avoid the strike and bumped him with my hip.  In Chinese "to bump" is a martial technique called "Kao"- one can bump with a hip, shoulder or even back for instance.  This is trained in Chen style TaiJi Push Hands- Hua Quan also has such techniques.  Anyway, I bumped the guy in the parking lot who was trying to bash my face in, he uncontrollably went wheeling back the distance of about 4 car spaces and landed face first on the pavement.  He lay there motionless for a second, but then came to, covered his face and yelled "don't kill me!"  I decided to simply walk away.  He eventually got back up and started yelling at me from a distance, but I am not a violent person.  I am more peaceful and prefer peace.  In fact I desire to be in a state of peace and harmony.  The lesson is, most people don't even know how to walk correctly and they have the nerve to challenge someone who trained in traditional Chinese kung fu styles because they do not understand what it is.  My suggestion is, at least learn to walk correctly first/ pay attention to one's own body postures... the truth is most people are weak.  The Chinese exercise will address these issues through things such as longfist stance training, or shifting and turning in the transition of Tai Chi postures, and qi-gong/ nei-gong exercises such as "iron bridge" or "turtle back."  The first time I took a hour long Tai Chi Push Hands class my legs felt like they ran the equivalent of a half-marathon distance.  Also for a person with long legs such as myself, people have commented that I walk "slowly."  This is true and not true.  I walk with intention and am grounded with every step, even when a one legged or low posture is called for.  Another lesson- people need to learn to slow themselves down.  Also push ups are very good exercise.  Another lesson- I will not train exercise in parking lots anymore, even if it is outside of a gym, which was the case in my encounter with the drunk guy.  End rant. 
Until next time stay safe and take care!                       

No comments:

Post a Comment