Thursday, June 25, 2015

Points Found Alongside Brook After Spring Rains


Points Found Alongside Brook After Spring Rains

One might wonder if I have ever come across any projectile points in my journeys.  The answer is yes, that I have.  However, I want to make some things clear.  First, digging for artifacts in the state of Massachusetts on public land (as well as other states) is illegal.  Hunting for artifacts on public land is also illegal. However if you just happen to see something by chance off the side of a trail or poking out of the mud, there is no harm in examining this- as a matter of fact it is best to keep a record of such things.  There is even at least one amateur surface archaeology club in the state of Connecticut, and I'm sure there are more.

Some interesting stone tools found along my journeys, without even really trying to look for them- poking out of mud/ etc: 

1A: 


1B:


1C:


2:


3A:


3B:


4A:


4B:


5:


6 (from another location than the rest; found in the same manner, poking out of the mud on the edge of water):


7:


8:


8A:


9:


9A:


10:


10A:


No comments:

Post a Comment